Social Worker Vacancy
Are you an experienced qualified Social Worker looking for a great opportunity and an attractive region to live and work in?
S.O.S Kaipara is based in Dargaville and works throughout the Kaipara District, we provide specialist support, counselling, refuge accommodation and prevention education services to women and children who have experienced family and / or sexual harm.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Social Work Practitioner to provide a competent professional social work service to women and children who have experienced family and/or sexual harm.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Registration with SWRB NZ
· 2+ years’ experience working in the field of family and sexual harm violence
· A high level of competence in the assessment and treatment of clients who have experienced trauma
· Experience with children and young people an advantage
· Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and build respectful relationships with others
· Professional boundaries and best practice are expected
· Desire to become an Approved ACC ISSC Provider
· The ability to build strong professional relationships with families and service providers
· Good time management and organisational skills
· Well-developed communication skills both written and oral
· Hold a full clean NZ driver's license
Ongoing training will be provided to the successful applicant.
More information on our service is available through our website: www.soskaipara.com
For further information contact:
Pushpa Joyce, Service Co-ordinator:
027 298 6719
Please send CV and Covering Letter to: