Heavy Transport Driver
Full Time • Permanent
We require an experienced Truck & Trailer Driver with a friendly and motivated attitude to join our busy team.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes to succeed in this position:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience driving a truck & trailer
- A current full drivers’ licence, classes 1-5 with WTR endorsements an advantage
- Experience is required in the following as the role may include: tipping, spreading metal, working on construction sites, rock cartage, machine transports etc.
- The ability to work well with clients from all areas of our business, as well as represent the company in a professional manner to our customers.
- Flexible and adaptable with excellent communication skills – the nature of the job is that plans change on the fly so the ability to adjust and continue is important
- Some familiarity with smart phones and txting
- Exemplary work ethic – punctual, reliable, pride in your work
- Ability to complete all standard documentation – HR (timesheets, leave forms etc.), HSE (incident forms, pre-starts, etc.)
- High standard of presentation of work and respect for our fleet of vehicles and machinery
- A positive attitude, a willingness to learn and the ability to work as part of the T8 team
- Must be drug free
This is a full-time position. Hours will vary with the possibility of stayaways in the busy summer season. Remuneration will be commensurate with skills & experience.
T8 Transport is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please apply with a current CV, including references to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to Haimz Leef phone 021 276 7964
Applications close Monday 14th September 2020.
Phone 0800 117 377
Together, we'll get the Job Done.