Geards Funeral Home Kaitaia
Kaitaia (and the wider Far North region)
The Team at Geards Funeral Home Kaitaia, believe that a funeral, be it big or small, is an important part of honouring and commemorating a person's life. We help families find their path to healing through our experience and ability in providing a meaningful funeral experience for every family we serve.
We are looking for a long-term team member to join us in beautiful Northland serving our community of Kaitaia and the wider far north region.
We are a supportive, empathetic and a well organised team. We would like you to possess similar values such as compassion, consideration, be hardworking and be able to use initiative. Ideally you would have a funeral industry and embalming experience and be able to embalm independently without supervision.
Manage and coordinate all funeral preparation services, including but not limited to;
- Transfers of deceased from initial place of death, transportation in between then to final disposition
- Ascertain the needs and requirements of the family (in line with ethnic, cultural and religious beliefs and practices).
- Complete all relevant paperwork and ensure it is appropriately processed and disseminated.
- Manage and coordinate all outside contractors and organisations (e.g. RSAs, catering, florist, transportation and venue arrangements).
- Manage all newspaper (and or other) notifications.
- Manage and coordinate all agreed funeral service proceedings
- Ensure the Order of Service requirements are produced in line with the requests of the family.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues as they arise to ensure the best possible service and experience.
- Follow up duties, ashes placement, return, plaques etc.
- Review accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Assist with the cleaning, preparation and maintenance of company vehicles and premises to a high standard.
- Work to the on-call roster as required.
- Hygienic preparation of a deceased including embalming procedures of all types of cases.
- Preparation of caskets and deceased persons for viewing.
- Project a professional image that is in keeping with the needs of our clients and customers.
Desirable Experience and Education
- Embalming & Hygienic preparation without supervision
- Funeral direction and event management experience.
- NZ Certificate in Funeral Directing and or Embalming
Required Skills & Experience
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Good customer service skills.
- Full driver's license, clean driving record
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently
Applications to email@example.com