Scotts Funeral Services • Kerikeri
• Full Time
The Team at Scotts Funerals service Kerikeri, believe that a funeral, be it big or small, is an important part of honouring and commemorating a person’s life. We help families find their path to healing through our experience and ability in providing a meaningful funeral experience for every family we serve.
We are looking for a long-term team member to join us in beautiful Northland serving our community of Kerikeri and the wider Northland region.
We are a small team of 3, working collaboratively. The ideal candidate would possess the following values such as compassion, consideration, empathy, hardworking, able to use initiative and be proactive. Ideally you would have funeral industry and embalming experience, however candidates without experience if they could demonstrate they had the qualities we are looking for would be considered.
Manage and coordinate all funeral preparation services, including but not limited to:
- Transfers of the deceased
- Ascertain the needs and requirements of the family (in line with ethnic, cultural and religious beliefs and practices).
- Complete all relevant paperwork
- Manage and coordinate all outside contractors and organisations (e.g. RSAs, catering, florist, transportation and venue arrangements).
- Manage all newspaper (and or other) notifications.
- Manage and coordinate all agreed funeral service proceedings
- Ensure the Order of Service requirements are produced in line with the requests of the family.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues as they arise to ensure the best possible service and experience.
- Follow up duties, ashes placement, return, plaques etc.
- Review accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Assist with the cleaning, preparation and maintenance of company vehicles and premises to a high standard.
- Work to the on-call roster as required.
- Hygienic preparation of a deceased including embalming procedures of all types of cases.
- Preparation of caskets and deceased persons for viewing.
- Project a professional image that is in keeping with the needs of our clients and customers.
Skills and Experience:
The following are desirable but not essential.
- Desirable Experience and Education
- Embalming & Hygienic preparation without supervision
- Funeral direction and event management experience
- NZ Certificate in Funeral Directing and or Embalming
Must have full, clean, driver’s license
Must have valid working rights for NZ
For further information call Scotts Funerals on 09 4076367. All application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org