Independent Commercial Directorship Vacancies
Te Rūnanga Nui o Te Aupōuri
Te Rūnanga Nui o Te Aupōuri is the Post Settlement Governance
Entity (PSGE), mandated by iwi members of Te Aupōuri to
manage the $50 million iwi asset base. Te Rūnanga Nui o
Te Aupōuri seeks expressions of interest for 3 Independent Directorship vacancies.
Directors are being sought for Te Aupōuri Commercial
Development Limited (TACDL) and Te Aupouri Fisheries
Management Limited (TAFML). It is likely that Directors who
are appointed will sit on the boards of both organisations. Wholly owned by Te Rūnanga Nui o Te Aupōuri, the current economic activities of TACDL
and TAFML include but are not limited to forestry, farming and financial investment. It has however been recognized that in a post COVID world there is a need to move away
from a largely passive investment strategy and look for opportunities that will create both additional revenue and new opportunities for our Iwi.
Applicants will demonstrate the following attributes:
- An appreciation of te reo Māori me ngā tikanga o Te Aupōuri
- Understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi in Aotearoa and for Te Aupōuri
- Primary industry knowledge and experience
- Relationships and networks within the wider iwi and economic development sector
- Ability to effectively evaluate investment and partnering opportunities
- An understanding of digital entrepreneurship
- A reputation as an innovative, active and effective governance contributor
- Commercial governance experience and an appreciation of iwi ownership
- The time available to commit to the role
For further information on Te Rūnanga Nui o Te Aupōuri, please visit their website; www.teaupouri.iwi.nz
Expressions of interest close at 5 pm 10 August 2020.
Expression of interest will only
be received by Allen Pascoe ACP Human Resources Solutions and can be sent to
Interviews will be conducted and appointments will be communicated directly with
the successful candidates.