Ngati Hine Health Trust
Ngāti Hine Health Trust (NHHT) has been providing support to their community for more than 25 years and is one of the largest Māori NGO’s in Aotearoa. They deliver services including mobile nursing, residential and community health services, social, disability, education, housing, youth, whānau ora and media services.
The NHHT Strategic Plan 2018-2030 sets out a clear blueprint for the direction ahead and seeks to reconfigure service design and delivery to align with thinking and practice that places whānau at the centre of everything they do, that encourages whānau leadership and that, in a systemic context and in the long-term, is driving to their vision of ‘One Whānau, One Plan, One Place’.
Trustees have responsibility to govern by setting the strategy and overall direction of NHHT within the scope of the Deed of Trust. Their functions, powers and duties include to:
- Control, administer and manager the Trust Fund and affairs of the Trust.
- Promote, carry out, effect and perform the purposes of the Trust according to the law and comply with the requirements of the Deed of Trust.
We are searching for applicants with a blend of skills and experience such as:
- Knowledge of Ngāti Hine tikanga and a commitment to the members of Ngāti Hine and understanding of the Ngāti Hine community and what makes it tick.
- A strong governance foundation and commercial or management skills – either legal, financial, human resources, marketing, information technology or relevant service sector experience applicable to the Trust.
- Relevant networks and relationships and able to see the wider picture and future opportunities.
- The ability and intelligence to make sensible, practical, astute business decisions and recommendations.
- Financial literacy and critical thinking and an awareness of the aspirations of young adults.
- 2 Trustees retire by rotation and are eligible to reapply.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday 17 July 2020
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION AND APPLICATION FORMS: www.nhht.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Geoff Milner on 0275 356646
POST APPLICATIONS TO:
NHHT – Appointments & Remuneration Committee
PO Box 1127