Idea Services, Whangarei
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the disability sector?
Are you keen to know about the opportunities to work in the community with the people we support?
Does this sound like you?
- Have skills and experience that can be applied or transferred to the disability sector
- Have experience or a desire to support people with intellectual disabilities
- Have the confidence to advocate for the health and wellbeing of the people we support
- A confident team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- We are currently on the search for Support Workers across New Zealand. The full accountabilities are set out in the job description below.
- Here’s your opportunity to teach people to grow and achieve greater independence, support people to live a healthy lifestyle, build and maintain relationships and make sure they learn other skills that support them to be part of their community.
What’s on offer?
- Competitive hourly pay rates from $20.50 to $25.50
- Support to achieve Level 2 New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (a minimum qualification requirement for a Support Worker)
- The opportunity to gain further qualifications by enrolling in the Level 3 New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing
- Generous long-service leave entitlements and Insurance benefit
- An insurance package that kicks in after two years of service
- Attractive discounts and exclusive eyecare packages through a leading optometrist
- Special discounts through leading technology retailers and fitness centres
- A collaborative and inclusive culture with flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people’s wellbeing
Here are the must haves:
- You must be someone with a desire to learn new skills and gain some qualifications while you work
- You must be able to work across a 7 day a week 24/7 roster (including weekends, evenings and sleepovers)
- You must have legal entitlement to live and work in New Zealand for at least 10 months
- You must have your Full NZ drivers licence or be able to gain this within 3 months
- You must be capable of driving a manual geared vehicle
- You must be able to pass a police vetting
If yes, then we want to hear from you!
About IDEA Services
IDEA Services supports adults of all ages with intellectual disabilities to live in their own homes and enjoy life as part of their communities. We are New Zealand’s largest provider of services to people with intellectual disabilities and their families. Our services are founded on IHC’s utter commitment for people with intellectual disabilities to have a good life and to be valued contributors to and members of their own community.
IDEA Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of the IHC Group, made up of our charitable programmes and three wholly owned subsidiaries. We are committed to supporting people with intellectual disabilities to lead satisfying lives in the community and to providing housing services to people in need.
The IHC Group is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and actively seek a diverse applicant pool. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We welcome all kinds of diversity and the different perspectives such diversity brings to our work. Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
If you require assistance or support through the application process, please let us know, so that we can accommodate this. Other accessible formats can also be provided.
Applicants can direct enquiries about position to: the National Recruitment Team 0800WORK4IHC (0800 9675 4442)