Retail Sales Yard Manager
Mt Pokaka Timber Products Ltd.
About the role:
Are you looking to further your career away from the hustle and bustle of the big cities? We are now seeking a highly motivated Retail Sales Yard Manager reporting into the General Manager. This is a critical new role responsible for growing Mt Pokaka Timber Product’s Retail Yard sales and market share of exterior timber, agricultural and farm fencing products.
You will be supported by the wider team and be given the autonomy to use your initiative and challenge the status quo whilst ensuring exceptional service delivery to our customers.
Come join us and progress your career with a successful organisation whilst still enjoying the idyllic country lifestyle on offer. Live the Dream!
• This is a hands-on role serving customers; having product knowledge to advise and make recommendations; forklift experience is a must
• Lead, motivate and develop a small team in an active retail environment and manage point of sale retail sales and administrative tasks
• Strive for outstanding customer service
• Manage inventories and participate in weekly production planning meetings to ensure adequate stocks and efficient lay-out of Retail Yard
• Maintain key relationships with the site management team • Prepare End-of-Week Sales reports for the management team
• Prepare monthly and annual sales forecasts by product category
• You’re driven and experienced in timber or agricultural or farm fencing sales with a minimum of 5 years’ management experience with a real passion for the building industry; with a natural ability to build exceptional long-standing customer relationships
• Experience in leading sales, service and product teams
• You’ll have a customer-centric mindset, demonstrated influencing and management skills, strength of character and a strong, credible track record of delivery and excellence in execution are essential.
This is an exciting time to join us, and a real opportunity to make an impact in a business-critical role working alongside high performing team members.
This is currently a Monday to Friday position from 7am to 5:00pm (Mon. to Thurs.) and 7am to 4:30pm (Fri.)
If this sounds like you, apply now:
Please contact Jason Cook on 09 407 7271 Ext. 712 for a confidential chat or apply online www.mtpokaka.co.nz and we’ll be in touch to discuss your potential.
Applications close on: Monday, 5th April 2021 at 5pm
Please note: A pre-employment drug test is required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.